I love going to the farmers market and letting the produce decide what I’m going to eat for the week. A few weeks ago I visited our local market and came home with a some beautiful new potatoes. Not wanting to do my typical roasted potatoes, I poked around for a slightly different variation and found this recipe. My technique and ingredients were slightly different but the results were the same, beautifully crisp potatoes full of flavor. Bada bing potatoes, who knew they’d be so good!
- 5 lbs small new potatoes
- 3/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 + 1/4 cup grated Italian cheese blend
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp minced, fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a large pot of water. Cover and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and gently cook potatoes until they are tender but still firm, about 15-20 minutes. Drain.
- Place the potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and smash the potatoes to flatten slightly and break the skin.
- Mix the olive oil and butter together in a large bowl. Add the potatoes, toss to ensure potatoes are coated well.
- Mix 1 cup Italian cheese blend, all dried herbs, garlic & onion powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour mixture over the potatoes and toss well. Return to the baking sheet.
- Roast potatoes until browned and slightly crispy, about 20-30 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with fresh parsley and remaining 1/4 cup Italian cheese blend.