Thanks to Duncan Hines for sponsoring my writing. There’s no limit to the baking possibilities, so grab your favorite Duncan Hines mix and Comstock or Wilderness fruit fillings and Bake On! www.duncanhines.com.
When I lived in Charlotte, I belonged to a playgroup called the Playground Divas. Don’t let the name fool you, we weren’t diva-ish in Diana Ross or Mariah Carey kind of way, more that we were more than just moms. We liked to have fun and celebrated that each of us were beautiful in our own ways. Around the holidays one of our group members would host the annual Diva Pie Night, which involved two things most women enjoy: wine and desserts. Not only did we have great conversation, learn new recipes and laugh all night long, we also had a little stress relief from the busy-ness of the holiday season. Want to know how to have the perfect girls night in making desserts? Just follow these easy steps:
- Whoever has the biggest kitchen hosts the party. With lots of cooks in the kitchen, things get crowded. The more room, the merrier. And the more room for the wine.
- Determine what you’ll be baking beforehand. This makes it easy to divide up the ingredient list so the hostess doesn’t get stuck buying everything. It also makes it easier to know which wine to bring.
- BYOB – bring your own baking supplies. Throw the measuring spoons and cups in your purse before you head out the door. Perfect if you get down to the last bottle of wine and you want to make sure everyone gets an equal share.
- Designate someone to take pictures. That way you can tell your husband/significant other that yes, you did actually bake something and not just drink wine.
- Print copies of the recipes and give to everyone before they leave because, let’s face it, no one is going to remember what they made with all that wine.
- 1 box Duncan Hines Yellow cake mix
- 1 large box Vanilla Pudding (not instant)
- 1 can Chocolate Fudge Duncan Hines Frosting
- Bake cake per instruction using two round pans. Let cool while preparing pudding. Cook pudding as directed on the box (DO NOT USE INSTANT PUDDING). Cut each cake in half (so you have two circles of cake) and set aside. Add Vanilla Pudding and put the other half top on..do this to each cake.
- Melt Chocolate Frosting in Microwave for about 20 seconds or until it is thin.
- Drizzle over tops of the cakes and put in refrigerator and let cool….
- Serve cold. Make two pies.