Attention all guacamole lovers! Just in time for the big game (that would be the Super Bowl in case there were any questions), Avocados from Mexico on Facebook is in search of the BEST guacamole recipe. Enter your favorite guacamole recipe at Avocados from Mexico Guac Off Recipe Contest and be eligible to win:
- (3) Grand Prizes – iPad2 and an autographed cookbook from Celebrity Chef Roberto Santibanez
- (7) Runners Up – $200 grocery gift card and an autographed cookbook from Celebrity Chef Roberto Santibanez
How do you win?
First Down: Submit your favorite guacamole recipe, along with a photo of the recipe by 1/20/12.
Second Down: Avocados from Mexico will select the top 10 recipes and post them to their Facebook page.
Third Down: There will be a grand prize winner in each of the following categories: Most Popular, Best Recipe and Most Creative. Chef Roberto will select the Best Recipe and Most Popular will be voted by you, the Facebook fans!
Touch Down! Encourage all your friends and family to vote for your recipe and win the Most Popular Category!
Just for playing, everyone who enters is automatically entered into another sweepstakes with the change to win one of 10 $100 grocery gift cards.
Here’s my famous guacamole recipe. It is always a hit at my parties and the recipe has been requested many times. And added bonus is its super easy, a plus when making fabulous party food.
- 5 avocados
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup diced red onion (depends on your taste)
- 1-2 lemons
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 4-5 dashes of hot sauce
- 2-3 dashes of cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- Put the avocados in a medium size bowl. Add the juice of one lemon, garlic, red onion, hot sauce and cumin. Dice avocados with two sharp knives.
- Add tomatoes and mix gently. Salt and pepper to taste.
I like my guacamole chunky. If you like your guacamole smooth, you would add all the ingredients except the red onions and tomatoes and mix until your desired consistency. Then mix in the onions and tomatoes.
My Guac Off entry!