This cornbread salad recipe came from the HUSBAND of a nurse practitioner I used to work worth. That’s right, her husband. Whenever we would have a potluck at work, one of the first questions we’d ask was, “What is Jim making?” Jim is an excellent cook and I wish I had more of his recipes. Ann told me she used to cook for her family but I’m not buying it.
- 9×9 pan of cornbread
- 1 cup of ranch dressing
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 can beans, drained and rinsed (you can use whatever you like – I use cannelini)
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4-1/2 green pepper, finely diced
- 1/2-3/4 bag of sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3-4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Layer cornbread in the bottom of your serving bowl and top with ranch dressing. Spread ranch dressing evenly over cornbread.
- Layer the remaining ingredients in the following order: beans, corn, cucumbers, green peppers, cheese, diced tomatoes and green onions.
If you think this recipe is easy, give me a tweet! I’ve made it easy for you. Just click on the link below.
— East 9th Street (@East9thStreet) February 28, 2012